If you have a home, you probably also have a junk drawer. This is where you collect all of the random things that don’t have a specific home. It’s commonly a mess, and it’s frequently tricky to find what you’re looking for. But did you ever consider that your junk drawer can be an essential part of your life? By storing the appropriate items in it, your junk drawer can help make your life easier. Every renter should keep ten essential things in their junk drawer!
- A pen and notepad. This may seem simple, but you’d be amazed how often you need a pen and paper. Whether you’re jotting down a phone number or leaving a note for your roommate, having a pen and paper is always helpful.
- A flashlight. A flashlight might come in handy when the power goes out or when you’re looking for something in a dark place.
- Batteries. Batteries are required for a variety of things, from your remote control to your smoke detector. Always have extra batteries on hand, so you’re never caught without them.
- A screwdriver. A screwdriver is a versatile tool that can be utilized for everything from opening a can of paint to tightening a loose screw. Buy one with several different heads in one handle to save space and maximize utility.
- Pliers. Pliers are another helpful tool that can be employed for a wide range of tasks, from gripping something too little to hold onto with your fingers to bending wire.
- Tape. You never know when you’ll need tape, so it’s always imperative to have some on hand. From packing up a box to repairing a ripped piece of clothing, the tape is always handy.
- Superglue. Superglue can be used to fix everything from a broken plate to a ripped book cover. Select the small or single-use packages of super glue to prevent waste and keep your junk drawer uncluttered.
- A tape measure. A tape measure is important for any junk drawer. Whether you’re hanging pictures or measuring for new furniture, a tape measure will always be beneficial.
- Scissors. Scissors are always necessary, whether cutting paper or opening a package. Pick a small pair of scissors that can readily be stored in your junk drawer.
- Rubber bands. Rubber bands can be utilized for a wide variety of tasks, from keeping cords neat to bundling up newspapers. They’re also beneficial for keeping your junk drawer organized!
Speaking of organization, be aware of the most important thing your junk drawer needs – an organizer tray! Even though several junk drawers are messy, this does not have to be the case. An organizer tray (or just a simple divided box) may help maintain your junk drawer organized and your essential items simple to find. If your junk drawer is already causing you a problem, here are some solutions for organizing your junk drawer – and keeping it that way! – in just a handful of easy steps.
Now that you identify what belongs in a junk drawer and how to organize it, you have everything you need from day to day right at your fingertips! However, if you feel that your current Selma home is feeling a bit crowded or you are ready for a move, consult Real Property Management Campanas. We deliver outstanding rental homes available in your area that are perfect for you and your ideal lifestyle.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.